Unlike hiring a plumber or HVAC technician—which can be as easy as performing a quick Google search—choosing the right shipping supplier can be a challenging task. The reason the selection process is hard is that the shipping industry is complicated.
Luckily, we’re here to help make your decision easier. This post will cover a few of the things to look for in quality local shipping material suppliers in Ohio:
- Packaging materials: Good shipping suppliers know that each shipment may require different packaging materials, so they keep a large inventory on hand. Look for a vendor that has a vast inventory of various packaging products, or one that can order your required products as soon as possible.
- Quality: Simply having shipping products on hand won’t do—your shipping supplier must also have the highest-quality materials to ensure your products will be able to make it from point A to point B in one piece. Ask your supplier what type of materials they carry. If it’s an off-brand or low-quality material, look elsewhere.
- Storage: Where does your shipping supplier store the shipping products before they’re used? If the answer isn’t in a climate-controlled warehouse, you should rethink your partnership with them. Shipping materials that are stored in the wrong conditions can deteriorate and become less effective over time.
- Cost:Pricing for each shipment varies based on a number of factors, including the product being shipped and the shipping materials used. So, figuring out a fair price for shipping materials isn’t always easy. That said, your vendor shouldn’t be charging more than the competition. If they are, find someone new, because overpaying for shipping products is a waste of money.
- Scalability:In an ideal world, your business will grow at an exponential rate. Your shipping material supplier should recognize this fact and be able to accommodate your business’ growth. If your supplier is having trouble keeping up with your current demands, you may want to start looking for a new partner, as they certainly won’t be up to the challenge once your business has grown even more.
- Delivery:Regardless of the industry, even the slightest delay can result in a huge financial loss. Make sure your local shipping material suppliers in Ohio understand this and will have your shipping products ready as soon as you need them.
- Support team:The shipping material business requires ongoing customer support. If your partner has someone on call to answer all of your questions and handle your concerns, you can trust that they’re a reputable company.
- Reports: Shipping documents, reports, invoices and any other written communication with your shipping material supplier should be accurate and easy to understand. If your current supplier isn’t fully transparent about all of the necessary reporting, you should start looking for a new partner right away.
When it comes to local shipping material suppliers in Ohio, nobody tops the team at Lamberson Packaging Solutions. Give us a call to learn more about our shipping supply services and to find out how we check all of the boxes mentioned above.