Anyone who has ever loaded a dishwasher knows that many people have different definitions of what a “well-packed” machine really entails. This can be a source of domestic discord, but it’s hardly the end of the world if the bowls are on the bottom rack instead of the top one. This can change when it comes to loading up a moving truck, however, which can potentially endanger your belongings or even your friends and family members. Having access to some reliable moving truck packing tips in Ohio can be a huge help to those who are looking to move their home or office in the future. These tips for packing trucks can save you time and money while helping make sure your belongings are safe:
- Get your truck size down: Your first step when getting ready to move is to figure out what size truck you’re going to need. Most moving company websites have guides or at least rules of thumb to help you calculate this, but in our experience, this is not an area to skimp on. All of the best moving truck packing tips in Ohio won’t do you much good if you have a truck that’s too small and requires multiple trips, so try and get a slightly larger size than you think you need, just to be safe.
- Get your supplies in order: Companies like Lamberson Packaging Solutions can provide moving supplies that will help you make sure you have the tools that you need. You’ll want to ensure you have plenty of boxes, but also that you have everything you need to properly pack fragile items, like packing paper and bubble wrap.
- Disassemble your furniture: You want to make sure your furniture is disassembled, if possible, which can help you pack it much more efficiently. When furniture is broken into its vital components, you can more easily pack it into smaller areas.
- Add the biggest items first: You want your heaviest and largest items to be closest to the cab and closest to the bottom of the truck. This will help ensure these items don’t damage any of your other possessions. Our moving truck packing tips in Ohio include making sure you’re packing the truck in a way that minimizes the risk to your belongings.
- Distribute the weight evenly: After you’ve loaded the heaviest and biggest items first, you’ll want to be sure everything else you load up is evenly distributed around the truck. This means you’re minimizing the risk of boxes toppling over while also keeping the truck under control when you’re driving on the road.
When you’re getting ready to move, one of the most important things you can have is plenty of strong friends who you can pay in pizza and beer. Second on that list, however, is a properly sized and packed moving truck. This ensures you can move your belongings quickly and safely. Read up on the tips provided by experienced movers before you tape up your first box, and visit Lamberson Packaging Solutions to stock up on everything you need for a successful packing job!