Depending on how full your space is, moving can be an overwhelming experience. If you’re wondering “what should I pack first?” in Ohio, we’ve put together a handy guide to help you maximize your efficiency and organize your move in a way that makes sense. This checklist will help you pack the items that you are least likely to need before or during the move, so you can get them out of the way and leave the most-used items for last.
When you need packing supplies and packaging solutions, be sure to visit Lamberson Packaging Solutions for all your shipping and moving needs. Your items are sure to arrive in one piece, and this checklist will help you tackle the organization part:
- Make an inventory of your belongings: Knowing what you have is half the battle, so start making a list of everything you own. We suggest organizing it by room and listing each item one by one.
- Decide which items to sell or donate: After taking inventory of your belongings, you’ve probably identified a few things to sell or donate. Collect those and drop them off at your local donation center (or list them online) to get them out of the way.
- Order packing supplies for the items you’re keeping: Next, get packing supplies for what you intend to keep. Smaller boxes are better in order to keep their weight manageable, and to keep fragile items safe.
- Pack any items in storage: Now comes the actual packing. Start with any items in storage—chances are, you won’t be needing them before you move.
- Pack unused or out-of-season items: Next, move on to your out-of-season items (lawnmowers in winter, sweaters in the summer, etc.) and anything else you won’t need in the next few weeks.
- Box up your wall hangings and artwork: Your wall hangings and artwork can go next, since you won’t need them during the move. Make sure to get edge protectors and cardboard to cushion frames.
- Pack up knick-knacks and decorative items: Now you can box up your knick-knacks and decorative items, like vases and other display-only pieces.
- Pack books: Unless you desperately need them during the move, books are an easy collection to pack. Remember, use multiple small boxes whenever possible—they can get very heavy!
- Pack up linens: Finally, pack up your extra linens and plan on washing one set of sheets, towels and other linens more frequently as you prepare for your move.
Once you have these items packed away, you’ll be able to focus on the things you use the most.
Lamberson Packaging Solutions offers over 18,000 packaging items and related products, including mops, trash bags, bubble wrap, packing peanuts and more. When you’re moving and wondering what you should pack first, consider us your one-stop supply shop in Ohio—we can make sure you pack your items safely and leave your old home or location sparkling clean. Reach out to us today to learn more or shop online for the products you need.