Getting ready for a move? Whether you’re moving everything yourself or you’re enlisting the help of professional movers, you need the right supplies to keep your possessions safe.
Here are just four of the biggest benefits of choosing professional moving boxes for your next move.
Uniformity is one of the key reasons why you should use professional packing supplies. The most efficient moves are well planned and highly organized. Uniformity aids with identification during the entire journey, from loading boxes onto trucks to unloading at your new destination.
Boxes of uniform size are much easier to pack into trucks or vans; they allow for simple configurations that help you make the most of the available space in the vehicle. Once you’ve reached your new home, uniformity aids in identifying the contents of each box, making unpacking a breeze. You’ll be able to unpack the things you need right away while leaving other items safely packed away until you need them.
While it’s clearly cheaper to pick up some free boxes at your nearest supermarket or big-box store, it’s always a better idea to purchase new boxes for a move. Used boxes have a high potential to bring unwanted pests into your home, and they can also harm the items you put inside the boxes. Why use professional packing supplies? They’re brand-new and sanitary, keeping your possessions and your property safe.
Variety of sizes
When it comes to boxes, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. That’s why you’ll find several specific types of boxes at your local packing supply store. Each box is specially designed for certain jobs, ensuring that your items are safe during your move. Common box types include:
- 1.5 cubic foot moving box: These boxes are ideal for moving small, heavy objects including books, flatware, jars of food and more.
- 4.5 cubic foot moving box: Larger boxes are ideal for lighter objects. Pillows, bedding, stuffed animals and even clothing can go into these boxes.
- Picture box: These large, flat boxes come in multiple pieces and typically feature a cushioned interior to provide extra support for pictures or mirrors.
- Wardrobe box: An interior bar in these boxes allows you to transport clothes on their hangers.
- Electronics box: These boxes come in a variety of sizes and are ideal for transporting flat-screen TVs and other electronics.
Professional moving boxes protect your prized possessions much better than cheap packing boxes. Quality boxes have corrugated walls, allowing them to absorb shock and reduce damage. Boxes that are already used also likely have some compromising damage. If you want to protect your items as much as possible, always use new boxes for moves of any size or distance.
Overall, there are plenty of practical benefits of investing in professional moving boxes and other packing supplies. Get all the stuff you need for your move at Lamberson Packaging Solutions. From reinforced boxes to Bubble Wrap and tape, you’ll find everything you need to keep your possessions safe during a local or long-distance move.