When you’re getting ready to pack up your belonging for a move, you have to pay special attention to your most valuable items to make sure they’re transferred safely from one place to another. If you don’t take care with your valuable items, you might end up with broken or damaged pieces that require costly repair or replacement. Even if you have the money to replace these items, there are some particularly valuable possessions, like family heirlooms, antiques and collectables, that can’t be replaced very easily, if at all.
With this in mind, it’s important to consider how to pack valuables in OH properly. Here are some simple steps you can follow to effectively pack these items:
- Take stock of your valuables: Before you can strategize about how to pack your valuables, you need to take an inventory of these items. Make a list of all of your most valuable possessions, including antiques, jewelry, electronics and heirlooms, so you’ll know what to expect when you start packing.
- Invest in quality packing supplies: When you’re considering how to pack valuables in OH, you should make sure you have all of the best supplies on hand. Purchase boxes, bubble wrap, labels and packing paper that you can use to pack up and organize your valuables to minimize the risk of damage or loss.
- Prepare boxes: You should have boxes in various sizes to fit all of the unique items that you have to pack. Purchase boxes for framed artwork, small pieces of jewelry, antiques and any other items you have that may require special attention and care. Prepare your boxes by double-taping the bottom closed and adding a few sheets of bubble wrap or packing paper to pad the bottom.
- Wrap items individually: If you’re packing up items like fine china or jewelry, you should make sure to wrap each piece individually. By wrapping things like plates, rings and cups with individual sheets of bubble wrap or packing paper, you can significantly reduce the risk of chips or cracks. Even though this takes longer than wrapping everything together, it’s well worth it in the long run to prevent breakage.
- Pack fragile items last: You should avoid letting fragile items get buried underneath all of your other possessions. When you’re stacking boxes or packing up a moving truck, you should load boxes with your valuables last so that they are easily accessible and won’t be crushed by the weight of your other moving boxes and furniture.
How to pack valuables in OH
You can get all of the supplies you need to pack your most valuable possessions safely and securely by reaching out to Lamberson Packaging Solutions. For years, we have been proud to provide our customers with packing supplies, shipping materials, warehouse supplies and janitorial products. Regardless of what your specific needs may be, you can find all of the best materials in our extensive inventory. Check out our selection of products online or give us a call today for more details.